Dual Immersion Academy Student Dress Code
Edward Hyatt World Language Academy’s focus is on promoting respect, integrity, solidarity, and excellence in all that we do. As a result, all students in grades PK-5 grade are required to follow the dress code below while on campus and while participating in off campus activities. The dress code applies to both everyday attire and to special formal dress code days. At Edward Hyatt World Language Academy, we are committed to education, and not focused on the most current trends in clothing. Students not adhering to the Dress Code will face consequences and parents may be asked to pick up children who violate the dress code.
Everyday Dress Code:
Shirts - Polo shirts with academy logo must be purchased from the school site. Shirt must fit appropriately and must be tucked in at all times.
Bottoms - Solid color, navy blue khaki-style bottoms only. They must be worn appropriately at the waist and be the correct size. Pants may not be folded at the bottom. No sagging, baggy or tight fitting clothing is permitted. Belts must be worn with all pants/shorts that have belt loops. Skirts should be no more than 3 inches from the top of the knee all the way around and skorts/shorts may not be more than 4 inches from the top of the knee all the way around.
Shoes - Only black shoes are allowed. Dress shoes, tennis shoes, loafers, boots are all acceptable. White walls on the shoes as found on many tennis shoes are acceptable. No logos or decorations are allowed. White or black laces only.
Jackets/Sweaters - Black, gray, or navy blue jackets/sweaters are allowed. They must be a solid color. No name brands, words, or other logos or decorations are allowed. They must fit appropriately. Jackets with academy logo will be available for purchase at a later date.
Jeans - Blue jeans may be worn on Fridays. They must be worn appropriately at the waist and be the correct size. Pants may not be folded at the bottom. No sagging, baggy or tight fitting clothing is permitted. No torn jeans are permitted. Jeans must be worn with Friday spirit shirts (Information will follow at beginning of school year for spirit shirts).
- Hats are permitted to be worn outside of buildings to protect children from the sun. The only hats permitted at school will be free of logos, as determined by the San Jacinto Police Department, with exception of the current school logo. Hats are to be worn properly with the bill facing forward. Caps, hats and hoods are to be taken off when indoors.
- No bandanas, hair nets, ‘do-rags, or sweatbands are to be worn at any time.
- No make-up or artificial nails are permitted.
- For safety reasons, jewelry that is oversized, as in earrings that dangle or hoops, necklaces, bracelets, etc. should not be worn. No chains hanging from belt loops.
- The above dress code also applies to backpacks, binders, and book covers, which are to be free of writing.
Please contact VJ Graphics at 951-654-6510 to place an order for student uniforms.
(School polo shirts with logo & PE shirts/bottoms only)